Strategic Planning

Strategic Planning

Strategic planning is an organization’s process of defining its strategy or direction and making decisions on allocating its resources to attain strategic goals.

Strategy has many definitions, but it generally involves setting strategic goals, determining actions to achieve the goals, setting a timeline, and mobilizing resources to execute the actions. A strategy describes how the ends (goals) will be achieved by the means (resources) in a given span of time. Often, Strategic Planning is long-term, and organizational action steps are established two to five years in the future. The senior leadership of an organization is generally tasked with determining strategy. Strategy can be planned (intended) or can be observed as a pattern of activity (emergent) as the organization adapts to its environment or competes in the market.

The 80%/20% Rule

We focus on the 20% of work that yields 80% of the results. Leaving the 20% that requires 80% of the effort.

Planning & Strategy

Our clients are often surprised by the possibilities we suggest to them; by thinking outside the box, we present exciting new options:

  • Work Smarter — and save time and money
  • Attract and retain quality, high-paying customers
  • Increase quality – reducing the cost of rework
  • Outsource low-value activities
  • Co-source activities that require repetitive manual steps
  • Insource mission-critical core differentiators
  • Automate what is predictable and frequent

Achieving Successful Change

We ensure that your team is included in the process and that no one is left out. The most crucial part is ensuring some degree of input from all team members to ensure the support of the final strategy.

There are reoccurring problems, but all efforts to mitigate them have been unsuccessful. Maybe the underlying problem is different than the symptom that is presenting itself as the problem. A fresh set of eyes can uncover the root cause.

Change management

Effective strategy often results in a need to change things that are currently working (but not optimally).

Linking change management to strategy is key to overcome reluctance to adopt new processes and technology.

Competitor research & analysis

how can we help you?

Contact us at the or submit a business inquiry online.

“We worked with John when he was working for our payroll software company. John is a great listener, has great empathy, and is reliable. He is honest, easy to work with, and makes you feel heard. I recommend him to any organization. They will be lucky to have him.”

Heidi Corrigan
CEO, O2 Employment (PEO)

HR-STAR – we help companies develop and refine their human capital strategies and identify technologies and processes that support that vision.

Looking for a First-Class Consultant?